Monday, October 12, 2009

(10-05-09 - 10-08-09) Diana's Visit to the Bay

I finally had a friend from Vegas visit me, the lovely Miss Diana. When she told me a month ago, I was excited because I haven’t seen her in over a year. When I told everyone I was leaving Vegas, I told them I’ll show them around San Francisco if they ever came to the bay. Well, I should have brushed up on the city because I had no idea where to take Diana and her friends. Even worse, I didn’t know how to get around. The excuse I kept saying was, “I know where the general area is, but no clue how to get there.” Well, I have to say I did pretty well for myself.

Diana, Maria, and Dan (Dawn) arrived last Monday, and I took Bart in the morning to meet them in their hotel. We met with Diana’s other two friends, Lili and Adriana at Starbucks to give us a little more energy, then we headed to the cable cars on Union Square. From there, we went to Pier 39, then the Aquarium, then Alcatraz. I lived in the bay for over 25 years, and this was the first time I ever been to Alcatraz. I have to admit, I freakin’ enjoyed it, and I want to return to take more pictures. After Alcatraz, we headed back to Pier 39 to experience the night life.










I had to meet up with the group on Tuesday night for Lili’s birthday dinner. And after that, we went bar hopping on Polk Street. It was kind of slow since it was a Tuesday night, but it was still fun.







I took Wednesday off with the group because I had to do homework, but I heard they had a blast walking around the city. Diana told me they visited the Victorian house (the scene from the show Full House), which I became very jealous because I still haven’t seen that place.

Thursday was fun as well. I finally had a car to take them around. I picked them up around 8ish and headed off to Lombard Street. Then we went to Coit Tower, then to Rincon Park to see “Cupid’s Arrow.” I think that was Diana’s favorite place because she kept asking me to take her there. Now the best part of the whole week… we went to AT&T park to do a tour. OMG, I actually got to stand on the field and the dugout. That was the highlight of the day for me. Then we went to Palace of Fine Arts/Exploratorium. There was so much to do in the Exploratorium; I felt like a little kid all over again learning new things. After that, I took them to my favorite spot in the city, the Golden Gate Bridge; North and South side. We were heading to Candlestick Park, but we realized we were running out of time, so we headed straight to SFO Airport. I have to admit, I was sad to see Diana and her friends leave. I actually miss Diana, and I’m glad I’ll be seeing her in a couple of weeks.












Well my next post will probably be my trip to Vegas, so keep your eyes peels for that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome man! Yo, I haven't been to Alcatraz since I was a kid. Let's kick in The City when I'm in the Bay over Thanksgiving. I seriously need to get back in touch with my Bay Area roots.

pinoygem22 said...

Sounds like you are missing the Bay. When you are here, maybe we can do all tourisy stuff.