Thursday, January 7, 2010

Vegas/NYE/Camp Trip at Zion National Park

Here’s another blog entry about Vegas. Even though I’m extremely tired of the Vegas scene, I still enjoying going there to see my friends. When I arrived, I didn’t want to sit at home and just watch TV. A couple of days before I left, I called my friend, Diana to hang out. I decided to keep it low key, and we watched Sherlock Holmes. The movie turned out to be ok because it started off really slow for me.

On Tuesday, I called my other friend Trina to see if she was busy. Lucky she wasn’t or else I would have done nothing for Tuesday night. That night we went bowling in Sams Town. Because she didn’t eat dinner, we decided to go to Red Robin to grab something to eat. That night, they had $5 Long Island Ice Teas and we definitely took advantage of that. After dinner, we headed to the bowling alley and played drunk bowling. We bought a pitcher of beer so the buzz of the Long Islands would not go away. As for the scores; no need to mention that. After we were done we headed back to Red Robin to order another round of Long Islands. For a midnight snack, we ordered a shrimp cocktail. That night was fun.







Wednesday night was another fun night. I bought tickets for Diana and I to watch the musical, Lion King. I’ve been meaning to watch that show for a while, and I figured it was a good time to do it. Tickets were expensive, so I had to buy the cheapest tickets possible. Lucky there was a big screw up and our seats were doubled booked. Our usher lead us to the orchestra section (which are really expensive seats). The show was awesome, but I swear I was going to have a heart attack. The actors walked by 3 times and made me jump off my seat.



Thursday night was New Years Eve (NYE). I wish I can write a lot about this night, but frankly I can’t because I blacked out. This is all I remember: 1) Drank 4 rounds of silverback (Hypnotic, Bacardi 151, Red Bull/Monster) 2) Sitting in the cab 3) Stopping a couple of fights between my friends and drunk people on the street 4) Midnight 5) Looking for Raymond 6) Attempting to walk home from the Vegas strip. There were so many things that I forgot, but my friends are filling in the gaps throughout these past few days.






Friday to Sunday we went camping at Zion National Park. There was a whole lot of sitting around, cooking, and playing cards. We did attempt to hike up Angel’s Landing, but it was too dangerous. There was so much ice that we kept falling. It wasn’t worth it because we can get hurt or even fall of the cliff. The best part of that hike is going down. As I mentioned before, there was a lot of ice so at one point we had to sit on our bottoms and just slide down the cliff; it was like a giant slide! We also hiked to the Narrows. It would have been nice to walk in the river, but the water was too cold. On Sunday, we headed back to Vegas, but we wanted to stop at a mom and pops restaurant. Food was awesome, but any food would have tasted good since all we ate during the camp trip were hotdogs, hamburgers, bologna sandwiches, and beans.


















My LA/East Bay friends decided to eat one last meal before they headed back to LA. Diana took us to a Greek restaurant. I never had Greek before, and all I have to say is that the food was delicious. After dinner, Diana took me to Fremont Street to the casino Mermaid to enjoy desert. We ordered deep fried Twinkies and Oreos. Once again, it was a first for me, and it was so good. I’m actually craving it now while writing this blog.

I hope you enjoyed this blog entry. It was a great trip. Our next camp trip my friends are planning is at Yosemite for Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully that will fall through.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want deep fried Twinkies and Oreos! I only that they had this shit in the South!

Guess we'll have to hit Vegas again soon.

boogity said...

Damn man you want the trip to fall through?? Shady man.

I'm guessing that's not what you meant. It should be come together, not fall through.