Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween 2007

My Halloween 2007 was a great celebration. A couple of weeks ago, I was thinking what I wanted to go as. I left all my costumes back home in the bay, so I was limited to my breaking dancing fit. To tell you the truth, as much as I love break dancing, I was tired of dressing up as that. When I was talking to one of my students about 80’s metal heads, a light bulb turned on in my head. I wanted to go as an 80’s rocker like the people from Poison or Mötley Crüe.

The day arrived to dress up. One of the students did my makeup when I arrived at work. She did an awesome job, and all day I got compliments. Thanks Jen!!! I had everything perfect. I had semi-tight jeans on (didn’t want it too tight cause I needed room for my crown jewels, you know what I mean), bought a Guns N’ Roses t-shirt, great makeup, and had a wig. I borrowed a wig from my co-worker, Heidi, which she used as Miss Piggy last year. The wig was blond and super long. I thought it would work out since a typical 80’s rocker had long hair. Well, as soon as I put on the wig with all my makeup on, I looked like a gothic drag queen. I made a decision to take the wig off way before everyone got to see what I looked like. Only two students and one other teacher saw me with the wig, and they couldn’t stop laughing. Because of their reaction, I believe I made a wise chose to chuck the wig.

Everyone in the school I work at was EXTREMLY surprised for two reasons. First, since I looked gothic, some comments I heard was, “This is totally not you. I never thought you would dress up like this. You are definitely in the other end of your spectrum.” Second, they were shocked in how many tattoos I have. They asked me if they were real or I applied them for my costume. I told them they were real, and had them for years. They were honestly surprised because they thought a person like me would never have tattoos. The truth of the matter is, I got these tattoos for myself, and I usually won’t show them off unless I am in the gym with a cut off, or someone would want to see them. At work, I normally wear a long button up shirt that covers up my tattoos. During the Halloween celebration, it was the first time every student and teacher saw my tattoos. I could tell with the reaction of the students, they love my crucifixion on my right shoulder.

I think the funniest thing that happened was a student asked my why I only have black ink on my skin. I told her because of my skin tone, color doesn’t come out right, and the first tattoo artist told me to stick with the black ink. Then not even a second later, the teacher I work with made a comment how the artist must be really good because he said there is a trace of yellow between the lines of my tattoos. Then I had to make it clear to him that was my skin tone. The whole class started to laugh.

Well, here are some pictures from my Halloween 2007. I hope you enjoy them. Oh, by the way, I avoided taking pictures with that blond wig on =).


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can totally picture you with that blond which on. Makes me laugh just thinking about it.

MnM said...

hey cuz...ever see "The Rocky Horrow Show?" LOL...ok, i've never seen it in its entirety, but your get-up reminds me of that! (and yes, i can picture the whole drag queen thing, too....hahaha!)

Glad you had fun on Halloween...I did jack sh*t.