Monday, August 13, 2007

Bitter – Sweet

I had a bitter sweet weekend. I flew back last Friday to attend my grandparent’s going away party. I rushed from work to pack up my things and head to the airport. When I arrived there, and checked the prompt, I was surprised that my flight was on time. So I was at my terminal waiting for my flight and I saw people I knew. It was my old mentors from my church. It was great to see them again because I haven’t seen them over 3 months. We talked about almost everything and the time just flew by. I looked at my watch and told them that I had to start lining up. I knew that the previous flights to Oakland were delayed and the plane was going to arrive 2 hours after my flight. Well, since my plane was under booked, Southwest decided to put all the passengers from the 3 delayed flights into my plane. So instead of leaving on time, I left 1 hour late. The plane had to be re-fueled because of the extra weight, and all the baggage had to be transferred from the other 3 planes into mine.

The party was held at my parent’s house and a lot of people came to say their farewell. It was a great party, but I was very tired from all the last minute cleaning and my normal errands I had to do during the party. I had to leave the party for awhile because my other cousin was having a birthday party the exact same time as our party. My plan was to only be gone for a half an hour, but it turned out to be almost 2 hours.

We took a lot of pictures for our remembrance and I plan to put something together and give it to all of my family members. I’m either thinking of an album or put a slideshow/video show together. What do you think?

The reason I named this blog “Bitter – Sweet” is because my grandparents are happy to go back to the Philippines where they grew up, but I’m sad to see them leave. If possible, I would like to go to the Philippines end of this year and visit them. I will miss them.


1 comment:

MnM said...

hey lil' cousin...we missed you at the airport. it was the usual crowd and we did even more picture taking, too. 'twas great that you came home for the party- wouldn't have been the same if you didn't. now u know how i felt when i was in Minnesota...

take care out there! love and hugs!